Newcastle and Benfica are reportedly interested in Valentino Lazaro, but the player’s agent has revealed his client doesn’t want to leave Inter.
Lazaro has returned to the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza from his loan spell at Borussia Monchengladbach, where he managed two goals and one assist in 28 appearances in 2020-21.
His agent Max Hagmayr met Inter today to discuss the player’s future.
Inter consider full-back options
According to Calciomercato.com, both Benfica and Newcastle are interested in signing the 25-year-old, but the player doesn’t want to leave Inter.
“I met Inter directors today and I told them Valentino wants to stay. He is negative for COVID and will join the team soon,” the player’s agent told Calciomercato.com.
Agente #Lazaro: ‘Ho parlato con l’#Inter, Valentino vuole restare qui’ https://t.co/tRophSYkCm pic.twitter.com/mUPGfWaha4
— calciomercato.com (@cmdotcom) July 19, 2021
Lazaro tested positive for COVID earlier last week, but with a low viral load and apparently, he is now ready to return to training with the rest of the team.
He had joined Inter from Herta Berlin in a €22.4m deal in 2019, but was loaned out to Newcastle after just six months due to lack of playing time under Antonio Conte.
Now that the former Chelsea and Juventus tactician has left, Lazar wants to impress the Nerazzurri’s new coach Simone Inzaghi.