Ireland’s Katie Taylor will put her lightweight titles on the line once again this weekend when she takes on Natasha Jonas.
‘The Bray Bomber’ defeated Miriam Gutierrez at Wembley Arena last November to retain her WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO, and The Ring world crowns.
Taylor is still undefeated in her 17 professional fights but will face one of her toughest tests yet against Liverpool’s Jonas on Saturday.
The southpaw drew with Terri Harper last summer as she challenged for super-featherweight title and is confident of beating Taylor.
The fight is taking place on a stacked card in Manchester and is the co-main event to Derek Chisora v Joseph Parker.
Taylor v Jonas: Date and time
This ten-round lightweight title bout is scheduled for Saturday, May 1 and will take place at the Manchester Arena.
Taylor v Jonas is the co-main event and so should get under way from around 9pm.
The night’s action will be shown on Sky Sports Box Office from 6pm at a cost of £19.95.
You can stream the fight live through the Sky Sports Box Office App on mobile devices and online.
Taylor v Jonas: Undercard
Subject to change
- MAIN EVENT: Derek Chisora v Joseph Parker
- CO-MAIN EVENT: Katie Taylor v Natasha Jonas – for WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO, and The Ring female lightweight title
- Dmitry Bivol v Craig Richards – for WBA (Super) light-heavyweight title
- Chris Eubank Jr v Marcus Morrison
- James Tennyson v Jovanni Straffon – for vacant IBO lightweight title
- Campbell Hatton v Levi Dunn
- Scott Fitzgerald v Gregory Trenel
Taylor v Jonas: What has been said?
Katie Taylor: “This is a completely different fight [from London 2012].
“My last few performances, I’ve shown my best. They were my best three performances as a pro.
“I get better each time.”
Tasha Jonas: “Every time I’m asked to step up, I do. I’m always the underdog.
“One punch changes everything. I do believe that I have power. I have the power [to KO Taylor].
“If I get an opportunity, it will be the end of the fight.”