Antonio Conte may have just won the Serie A title, but he is reportedly considering his future at Inter Milan.
The Italians cruised to the Scudetto, ending Juventus’ nine-year reign, and finishing 12 points clear of rivals AC Milan.
Conte joined Inter Milan in May 2019 and has led them to the Serie A title[/caption]
But Conte has reportedly had disagreements with the club’s president Steven Zhang and their Chinese owners Suning
They are believed to have told the club’s hierarchy they must lower the wage bill by up to 20 per cent and raise £69million in player sales by the end of the transfer window.
This was after the club recorded a loss of £87m last year and it raises doubts over the future of star players Romelu Lukaku, Lautaro Martinez and Achraf Hakimi.
Italian publication La Gazzetta dello Sport claim Conte ‘expressed his bitterness’ with the decision.
He has one year left on his deal and is set to meet with Zhang this week to discuss the termination of his contract, which could cost around £5.2million.
Journalist Fabrizio Romano reports that Conte will decide on his future ‘in the next few days’, but the club want him to stay.
When asked if he is staying at Inter earlier this month, Conte replied: “Let’s enjoy this moment, there will be time to talk together, with the president and the directors, to choose the best path for Inter.”
Conte led Inter to their first Serie A title in 11 years[/caption]
Tottenham are said to be interested in hiring Conte as they look to replace Jose Mourinho, but they may face competition from Real Madrid.
The 51-year-old has experience in the Premier League having won the Premier League title with Chelsea.
Italian newspaper La Repubblica report that Spurs and Real are both keen on Conte following developments on Tuesday.