Anthony Joshua and Oleksandr Usyk are set to face off in a huge pay-per-view heavyweight title clash this evening.
Joshua was ready to finally go head-to-head with British rival Tyson Fury in an era-defining unification bout this summer.
But Fury was ordered to pull out of that fight and take on Deontay Wilder in their trilogy clash instead meaning Joshua has had to look elsewhere.
He’ll now be back under the lights later this Saturday and will face off against dangerous WBO mandatory challenger Usyk.
‘The Cat’ has won all of his 18 professional bouts to date and saw off Derek Chisora last October.
He will certainly prove a huge test for AJ in what should be a thrilling fight.
BETTING SPECIAL – GET ANTHONY JOSHUA AT 25/1 TO BEAT OLEKSANDR USYK OR 60-1 TO WIN IN ROUNDS 1-6
Joshua v Usyk: How to watch
- The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium will host the heavyweight title bout on Saturday, September 25
- Undercard action to begin from 5:30pm with main event ring walks set for 9:55pm
- First bell for Joshua vs Usyk is then expected at 10.12pm
- The fight will be shown live on Sky Sports Box Office with their broadcast starting from 6pm
- It will cost £24.95, with the full undercard and main event shown
- You can also live stream HERE for the same price on your computer, mobile and tablet devices
- Sky Sports Box Office is also available on BT TV – tune to channel 496 or by searching for the event in the BT Player
Joshua v Usyk: Undercard
Lawrence Okolie will defend his WBO cruiserweight title against mandatory challenger Dilan Prasovic on the undercard to Joshua v Usyk.
Also on the show, former WBA super-middleweight champion Callum Smith will make his light-heavyweight debut against Lenin Castillo.
The Brit was dethroned of his belt by Canelo Alvarez in December and so has now moved up in weight to try and become a two-division champion.
Ricky Hatton’s son Campbell Hatton will have his fourth pro fight against Izan Dura in a super-featherweight clash on the card.
Florian Marku vs Maxim Prodan at welterweight and Christopher Ousley vs Khasan Baysangurov at middleweight will feature as well.
Subject to change
- MAIN EVENT: Anthony Joshua (c) vs Oleksandr Usyk – For WBA (Super), IBF, WBO, and IBO heavyweight titles
- Lawrence Okolie vs Dilan Prasovic – For WBO cruiserweight title
- Callum Smith vs Lenin Castillo
- Campbell Hatton vs Izan Dura
- Florian Marku vs Maxim Prodan
- Christopher Ousley vs Khasan Baysangurov
- Daniel Lapin vs Pawel Martyniuk
Joshua v Usyk: What has been said?
Tony Bellew insists Joshua will NEVER face a better boxer in his career than Usyk.
“This will be the best boxer Anthony Joshua will ever face in his career,” Bellew told talkSPORT.
“When it comes to natural, pure boxing, Oleksandr Usyk is the most natural boxer Anthony Joshua will ever face.
“He is unbelievable at what he does. Taking that into consideration, he is not a true heavyweight.
“Everyone keeps going on, yes he is a cruiserweight, but he is the greatest cruiserweight who has ever put on gloves.
“So he does come with an amazing skillset, but I just think weight divisions exist in boxing for a reason.
“Come rounds seven, eight and nine, he is going to find out why he is not a true heavyweight. I think Anthony Joshua’s speed, power and perseverance will be what catches up with Oleksandr Usyk.
“I wish he would stop fighting my friends because I want to support him! I’m a huge admirer of him and I have so much respect for the boy, but he just keeps fighting my friends so I can’t support him.”